The Sharp Optical Dust Sensor (GP2Y1010AU0F) is especially effective in detecting very fine particles like cigarette smoke, and is commonly used in air purifier systems.
An infrared emitting diode and a phototransistor are diagonally arranged into this device, to allow it to detect the reflected light of dust in air.
The sensor has a very low current consumption (20mA max, 11mA typical), and can be powered with up to 7VDC. The output of the sensor is an analog voltage proportional to the measured dust density, with a sensitivity of 0.5V/0.1mg/m3.
For your convenience, ITEAD ship this sensor with a 6-pin, 1.5mm pitch mating connector and cable.
- Sensitivity: 0.5V/(100μg/m3)
- Measurement range: 500μg/m3
- Power: 2.5V~5.5V
- Operating current: 20mA(max)
- Operating temperature: -10~65 Centigrade
- Storage temperature: -20~80 Centigrade
- Life time: 5 years
- Dimension: 63.2mm×41.3mm×21.1mm
- Mounting holes size: 2.0mm
- Air hole size: 9.0mm