Banana PI is an Open Source hardware platform which was produced to run the open source OS among others. Banana PI a dual core, Android 4.2 product which is much better than the Raspberry Pi.
Banana Pi M2 is a second-generation single board computer with an upgraded SoC to provide even more power for computing tasks. It features high performance quad-core SoC, 1GB of DDR3 SDRAM, Gigabit Ethernet, 4 USB, and HDMI connection. It can run on a variety of operating systems including Android, Lubuntu, Ubuntu, Debian, and Raspbian.
On the quest to power, the classic pi ate two more cores to make a quad-core super pi. It also acquired new WiFi capabilities and more USB ports; but unfortunately, it left the SATA port behind so you will have to use USB ports to connect a HDD.
Banana Pi is an open platform device, it is for anyone who wants to play and build with developer technology instead of simply using consumer technology. Backed by our community, starting a project and building servers is fun and rewarding. We welcome all companies, DIYers, and tech loving people within our community! Together, we can make a difference, we can discover our passions, inspire others, and build a practical project.
- A31S ARM Cortex-A7™ Quad-core 256K  B L1 cache 1MB L2 cache.
- PowerVR SGX54MP2 Comply with OpenGL ES 2.0 OpenCL 1x, DX9_3.
- 1GB DDR3 (shared with GPU).
- MicroSD Card (up to 64GB).
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ45.
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n.
- Parallel 8-bit camera interface.
- HDMI, LVDS/RGB (no composite video).
- 5 mm Jack and HDMI.
- On board microphone.
- 5V DC @ 2A (4.0mm/1.7mm barrel plug – centre positive) or USB OTG.
- 4 USB 2.0
- Power/Reset: next to Camera Connector.
- GPIO, UART, I2C BUS, SPI BUS, ADC, PWM, +3.3V, +5V, GND.
- Power key and RJ45 Leds.
- Android and Linux etc… OS.
- 92mm x 60mm