The DS3231 is a low-cost, highly accurate Real Time Clock which can maintain hours, minutes and seconds, as well as, day, month and year information. Also, it has automatic compensation for leap-years and for months with fewer than 31 days.
The module can work on either 3.3 or 5 V which makes it suitable for many development platforms or microcontrollers. The battery input is 3V and a typical CR2032 3V battery can power the module and maintain the information for more than a year.
The module uses the I2C Communication Protocol which makes the connection to the Arduino Board very easy.
Highly Accurate RTC Completely Manages All Timekeeping Functions.
- Real-Time Clock Counts Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Date of the Month, Month, Day of the Week, and Year, with Leap-Year Compensation Valid Up to 2100.
- Accuracy ±2ppm from 0°C to +40°C
- Accuracy ±3.5ppm from -40°C to +85°C • Digital Temp Sensor Output: ±3°C Accuracy.
- Register for Aging Trim.
- RST Output/Pushbutton Reset Denounce Input.
- Two Time-of-Day Alarms.
- Programmable Square-Wave Output Signal.
Simple Serial Interface Connects to Most Microcontrollers.
- Fast (400kHz) I2C Interface.
Battery-Backup Input for Continuous Timekeeping.
- Low Power Operation Extends Battery-Backup Run Time.
- 3V Operation.