NodeMCU V1 also known as NodeMCU v0.9 is the 1st revision of NodeMCU series. Based on Lua script programming, this WiFi Internet of Things (IOT) module is also compatible with Arduino IDE. This module utilizes ESP8266 ESP-12 chip which is a 32-bit microcontroller unit (MCU).
This contribution enables NodeMCU to easily communicate with LCD, screen, OLED and VGA.
ESP-12 consist of 16 pin which then routed to be used in NodeMCU V1. By default, there are 17 GPIO pins whereby only a few of them are usable.
The integration of ESP-12 into NodeMCU platform allow easier application of this IoT module to integrate with various sensors and display module. Programming become easier since there is no need to use FTDI adapter because users just need to plug in USB only.
- The wireless SoC has the following:
- 11 b/g/n protocol
- Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz, support WPA/WPA2
- Integrated 10-bit ADC
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack -ipv4 only at the moment-
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network Integrated PLL,
- regulators, and power management units
- +20dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Supports antenna diversity
- Deep sleep power <10uA, Power down leakage current < 5uA
- Integrated low power 32-bit MCU