RFID is the abbreviation of Radio frequency identification. RFID modules use electromagnetic fields to transfer data between card and the reader.
Different tags are attached to objects and when we place that object in front of the reader, the reader reads that tags.Another benefit of RFID is that it doesn’t require to be in a line of sight to get detected. As in barcode, the reader has to be in the line of sight to the tag and then it can scan but in RFID there’s no such restriction.
- Working Voltage: 3.3v or 5v.
- Host interface: UART.
- Default Band rate: 115200 bps.
- Integrate PN532 NFC controller.
- Supports ISO 14443A/MIFARE.
- Supports ISO 14443B in reader/writer mode only.
- Typical max operating distance for detecting NFC tags from 20 to 50mm depending on the antenna size of the tag.
- Serve for contactless communication at 13.56MHz.
- Size: 11cm x 5cm.
- Contactless payment systems.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections.
- Social networking situations, such as sharing contacts, photos, videos or files.
- Electronic identity documents and keycards.
- Smartphone automation and NFC tags.
For more details about this product watch the following showcase video: